School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
Updated: April 1, 2015
School districts across our region have amended their school calendars to account for multiple snow days earlier this year.
The Kentucky Department of Education requires 1,062 instructional hours per academic year.
Some districts have missed 12 days this semester.
The following schools have amended calendars:
- Ballard County Schools – Last day pushed from May 19 to May 26
- Calloway County Schools - adding 30 minutes to the end of the day from March 23 to May 6 to make up for snow days. Last day May 29.
- Updated 4/1: Christian County Schools - last day set as May 21, 23 minutes added to end of each school day starting April 13.
- Caldwell – added March 9 and 10 as make-up days, last day May 22
- Graves County - last day pushed back from May 15 to May 29.
- Lyon County Schools – Last day May 20
- Livingston County Schools – added 10 make-up days, last day May 27
- Mayfield Independent Schools - cutting two days from spring break and adding 33 minutes to the end of each school day after the break. Last day May 29.
- Paducah Public Schools - last day May 29.