Three West Ky Educational Projects Still Under Work Ready Skills Consideration
Three educational projects in far western Kentucky are still being considered in the second round of Work Ready Skills Initiative funding.The committee has narrowed a list of 41 applicants to 21.
Christian County Public Schools, McCracken County Public Schools and the Ohio County Work Ready Committee are still being considered.
Madisonville Community College and Henderson Community College also requested funding but did not make the selection.
The committee will reconvene in May to interview the remaining applicants.
The project includes construction and renovation of facilities and the purchasing of new equipment with the goal of providing advanced manufacturing, transportation and logistics, business services and information technology, healthcare and construction trades.
Three far western Kentucky schools received funding in the first round: West Kentucky Community and Technical College, Paducah Public Schools and Caldwell County Schools.
Amounts requested in far west Ky still under consideration:
McCracken County Public Schools: $8,078,708,
Christian County Public Schools: $5,762,300.
Ohio County Work Ready Committee: $900,000.
List of projects still under consideration:
- Adair County Board of Education
- Big Sandy Community & Technical College
- Breckinridge County Area Technology Center
- Christian County Public Schools
- Estill County Board of Education
- Frankfort Independent Schools
- Freestore Foodbank
- Garrard County Schools
- Gateway Community & Technical College
- Green River/Hart County & Caverna Schools
- Home Builders Association of Northern Kentucky
- Johnson County Schools (GREATT)
- Kenton County Schools
- Logan County Schools
- Mason County Schools
- McCracken County Public Schools
- Ohio County Work Ready Committee
- Russell County Board of Education
- Taylor County School District
- University of the Cumberlands
- Washington County Schools