Vending Machine Causes Overnight Fire at Graves Co. Middle School
A malfunction in a vending machine sparked a small fire at Graves County Middle School early Tuesday morning.
An electrical issue in the Sundrop machine produced flames and set off the alarm around 12:30. Public Relations Coordinator Paul Schaumburg says it was a “freak accident” and says it’s fortunate no one was present at the time.
The fire damage did not spread beyond the machine.
Schaumburg also says school safety measures are in place for teachers and staff to respond if students had been present during the mishap.
Classes begin Thursday.