Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Thu May 24, 2012
Wickliffe Mounds Reburial Postponed
A public ceremony to acknowledge the reburial of excavated remains from the Wickliffe burial mound in Ballard County has been postponed.
Park officials gave no reason for the postponement of the ceremony which was to take place June 8th. Wickliffe Mounds State Historic Park was the location of a native Mississippian village and burial mound. It's taken two years for the park to reach an agreement with Chickasaw Nation consultants on the reburial of the remains. The ceremony will be rescheduled.