WKMS Battle of the Bands 2020 Now Open for Submissions
Does your band have what it takes? Submit your best original song by Sunday, March 1st at midnight, and your band could be voted among the finalists to perform for the grand prize.
Each band may submit one song to WKMS via: this online form.
Or you can submit a CD mailed to 2018 University Station, Murray, KY 42071. Please include your band name, names of the band members, where you're from, and any other information of particular interest. You must also submit this release form with your song.
Songs must be:
- Originals (no covers)
- Radio-quality recordings
- FCC clean
- Different from previous submissions if you entered in the past
(WKMS facilities or personnel will not be eligible to record entries. NO one who is currently employed by WKMS may enter.) Previous Battle of the Bands winning bands may not enter, but musicians can enter if in a different group and previous finalists may enter.
Entrants will be narrowed down by a committee of WKMS music hosts and volunteers, followed by online judging by WKMS listeners.
Three finalists will be chosen by social media, and one will be a "Judge's Choice." Grand prize winner will be determined by a combination of audience and judge scores.
The finalists must be available to play three songs in a live Battle of the Bands at Maiden Alley Cinemaon Thursday, March 26th at 7:00 p.m., along with an encore if they win.
By entering this contest, you agree to be available to play in the final competition on March 26th if chosen and to allow WKMS to use your submitted song on the air during local programming and as part of a "Battle of the Bands" compilation CD as a special fundraiser premium (not for sale).
The winning band will receive:
A Recording Session & Promotion Package valued at over $3,500.
- Three 10-hour days of recording and one 10-hour day of mixing at Time on the String'ssound studio in Paducah's Coke Plant (*Prize must be used by December 31, 2020. Sessions will be scheduled around Time on the String's availability).
- Spotlight on the band at wkms.org and in other press releases, publicity materials, etc. sent to newspapers, magazines, websites, and more around the region; WKMS will also send your song/info to arts partners who book acts in our area.
- 75 underwriting spots on WKMS to use to promote upcoming shows, CD releases, band Facebook pages, etc. throughout 2020.
- A main-stage performance slot at the Lower Town Arts and Music FestivalMay 15th or 16th