WKCTC Presidential Search Committee Formed, New Head to be Named by Oct.
A search committee has been formed to find a new presidentof West Kentucky Community and Technical College.
The 11-member committee includes five community members, five faculty and staff and WKCTC Board of Directors chair Shirley Menendez.
The committee members are:
- John Williams, incoming chair of the Paducah Junior College Board of Trustees; retired from WPSD-TV; currently works for Allen Auto Sales
- Debra Edmonds, vice chair, WKCTC Board of Directors; retired Allstate agent; former chair of the Paducah Area Chamber of Commerce Board
- Bill Brown, CEO of Baptist Health
- Casey Allen, superintendent, Ballard County School District
- Ken Wheeler, chair of WKCTC Business Champions Council
- Felix Akojie, Ph.D, professor, Bio Sciences, and member of Paducah Independent School Board
- Mark Westerfield, associate professor, Air Conditioning Technology
- Octavia Lawrence, director of Academic Advising
- Jennifer Strout, manager of Business Operations
- Monica Collier, senior administrative assistant for Academic Affairs
The committee will narrow a group of 8-10 applicants down to 3 finalists to be recommended to Kentucky Community and Technical College System President Jay Box.
On-site interviews and public forums are scheduled for August with the goal of naming a new WKCTC president by October.
WKCTC enrolls 9,000 students yearly in academic and transfer courses in western Kentucky and online.