Tuesday is Last Day to Apply for Mail-In Absentee Ballot
Tuesday is the last day Kentucky voters can apply to vote absentee by mail in the November 8 election.
Voters can request an absentee ballot from their county clerk in person or by phone, fax or email. Qualified military and overseas voters can request a ballot through Kentucky's online portal.
Applications must be received by Tuesday, November 1. Completed ballots must be turned in to the county clerk by 6 p.m. on Election Day.
Per Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes, eligible individuals include:
- Military personnel, their dependents, and overseas citizens
- Students who temporarily reside outside the county
- Voters who temporarily reside outside Kentucky (e.g., vacationers)
- Voters who are incarcerated but have not yet been convicted
- Voters whose employment takes them outside the county for all days and hours the polling place is open
- Voters of advanced age or who suffer from disability or illness
- Voters who are participants in the Secretary of State’s Address Confidentiality Program