Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri July 6, 2012
Clarksville Mandatory Water Restriction Lifted
A mandatory water restriction in Clarksville, Tennessee was lifted last night, although city officials still have a voluntary water restriction in place.
The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports the installation of temporary pumps paired with a few rainstorms helped to lift the restriction. Clarksville Gas and Water reported an 18 million gallon drop in demand due to the mandatory restriction. Citizens are still asked to limit the amount of water used for landscaping, wash cars less frequently and to only fill ornamental fountains once.