Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Mon May 7, 2012
Suspects Sought in Churchill Downs Homicide
Louisville Metro Police say they have no suspects in their investigation into a Derby weekend homicide on the Churchill Downs backside.
The body of 48 year old Adan Fabian Perez was discovered early yesterday morning in a barn. Officials say he lived and worked on the backside as a groom.
LMPD homicide detective Lt. Barry Wilkerson says there are indications that Perez was involved in an altercation, but an autopsy today will determine the exact cause of death.
“Mr. Perez was a father, a brother, obviously the son of someone,” Wilkerson said at a press conference this morning. “That’s the purpose and the way we investigate the case. I know others have tried to tie it to the Derby and Churchill Downs. I believe this is an isolated incident of a tragic situation that took place, and that’s how we’re going to to approach it.”
Wilkerson says police continue to gather information from backside workers at Churchill Downs.