Carson Myre Youth Series on WKMS All Classical This Summer
Update: Matt Markgraf produces and hosts the series and stopped by Sounds Good with an overview and a peek behind-the-scenes. Interview audio added.
Join us this summer on the WKMS All Classical Channel for The Carson Myre Charitable Foundation's Youth and Ensemble Music Performance Series, featuring highlights from youth concerts recorded over the past school year, all across our region. Hear choral, jazz, brass and strings from elementary, middle, high school and university students with new episodes Fridays at 6 pm and rebroadcasts Sundays at 1 pm and Mondays at Noon on our All Classical Channel.
Broadcast times: Fridays at 6 p.m. (new episode), rebroadcast: Sundays at 1 p.m. and Mondays at Noon. How to listen: Our All Classical Channel broadcasts on 88.9 FM Murray, 92.5 FM Paducah and 105.1 FM Madisonville. You can also listen to WKMS HD-2 on an HD Radio or stream here online, click “Listen Live” and select “All Classical.”
Concerts featured in this series:
(Note: Due to a recording issue, we are unable to air the July 31 Highlights from the Caldwell County Schools concert. Instead, we've moved the Jamey Aebersold concerts up a week and are excited to add Highlights from the Paducah Symphony Orchestra Summer Music Camp to close the series.)
- June 5: Graves County High School “Music In Our School” Concert
- June 12: Millikin Women’s Spring Tour, including McCracken Co. High School, Ballard County High School and Paducah Tilghman High School
- June 19: Murray State University’s “A Celebration of Music” 2014
- June 26: Murray State University’s Spring Choral Collage
- July 3: Paducah Tilghman High School Spring Choir Concert
- July 10: Murray Elementary, Middle and High School's "Music In Our Schools" Concert
- July 17: Murray High School's Spring Concert and the PSO Young Artist Concerto Competition Winner of the Collegiate Division 2015.
- July 24: McCracken County High School Spring Jazz Concert
- July 31: Highlights from the Jamey Aebersold Jazz Festival, featuring schools from across the region
- August 7: More Highlights from the Jamey Aebersold Jazz Festival
- August 14: Highlights from the Paducah Symphony Orchestra Summer Music Camp
Thank you to the Carson Myre Charitable Foundation, to Murray State University, to the schools who welcomed us, the students who performed, parents for encouraging arts education, to recordists George Eldred, Todd Birdsong and Justin Patton with MSU Recording Services and to you for listening.