Afternoon Round-Up 7/23/12
Today on NPR: Paterno's Statue Comes Down
- Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear recently signed an executive order to create an insurance exchange for Kentucky.
- Illinois legislation will raise fines for people that misuse disabled parking tags.
Four Rivers Region:
- A Graves County High School graduate competes this week for the title of America’s Homecoming Queen in Anaheim, California.
- Montgomery County, Tennessee officials say they are in need of additional citizens to work at polling places.
- The drought in western Kentucky and northwestern Tennessee will continue through the end of the year.
- A federal appeals court has set an October 10th hearing date to take up the case of the man convicted in the 1997 Heath High School shooting in Paducah.