WKMS Battle of the Bands 2016 Open For Entries!
Does your band have what it takes?
Send us your best original song by Sunday, March 6 at midnight, and your band could be voted among the finalists to perform live at Maiden Alley Cinema for the Grand Prize.
Each band may submit one song to WKMS via: mp3 emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or CD mailed to 2018 University Station, Murray, KY 42071. Please tell us your band name, names of band members, where you're from, and any other information of particular interest. Singer/songwriters (bands of 1) may also enter. You must also submit this release form with your song.
Songs must be:
- Original (no covers)
- Radio-quality recordings
- FCC clean
- Different from previous submission if you entered last year
(WKMS facilities or personnel will not be available to record entries. No one who is currently employed by WKMS may enter.) Previous Battle of the Bands winners also may not enter.
Entrants will be narrowed down by a committee of WKMS music hosts and volunteers, followed by online judging by WKMS listeners.
3 finalists will be chosen by social media, and 1 will be a "Judge's Choice."
The finalists must be available to play three songs in a live Battle of the Bands at Maiden Alley Cinema on Thursday, March 31st at 7:00 p.m, along with an encore if they win.
By entering this contest, you agree to be available to play in the final competition on March 31 if chosen and to allow WKMS to use your submitted song on the air during local programming and as part of a "Battle of the Bands" compilation CD as a special fundraiser premium (not for sale).
The winning band will receive:
A Promotion Package valued at over $3000.
- Spotlight on the band at wkms.org and in other press releases, publicity materials, etc. sent to newspapers, magazines, websites and more around the region. And we send your song/info to arts partners who book acts in our area to hype you up!
- 75 underwriting spots on WKMS to use to promote upcoming shows, CD releases, band Facebook pages, etc. throughout 2016.
- A full (1) year slide at Maiden Alley Cinema promoting your band.
- The opportunity to perform as a headliner at future Music at MAC event or CD release party
- A main-stage performance slot at the Lower Town Arts & Music Festival May 13th or 14th.
- A $250 gift card to Music One in Murray or Leach's Music One in Paris.